I needed a replacement hinge for the glass lid of my turntable, but the original design was too weak for the job. I redesigned and tested the hinge through several iterations. The final version was strengthened around the load-bearing areas, uses five interlocking hinge tabs, a 3 mm hinge pin, and a 5.3 mm slot for the 5 mm glass panel. One of the biggest challenges was getting the glass clearance right while keeping enough material on the opposite wall for strength. I also added a 5 mm solid reinforced section at the bottom of the glass slot and redistributed material between the two sides of the hinge. A few prototypes were necessary before everything fitted correctly, but the final print now fits the glass properly, moves smoothly and feels significantly stronger than the first version. This is exactly why I enjoy functional 3D printing: instead of searching for an unavailable replacement part, you can measure, redesign, print, test and improve it until it works. I’ll add photos of the printed hinge and the final installation on the turntable.